They didn’t deserve to die like that. None of them did.
- Not the students and teachers in the school
- Not the theater-goers enjoying a new movie
- Not the people attending the night club
- Not the country music fans at a concert
- Not the friends out for a bike ride in the city
- Not the families worshipping on a quiet Sunday morning
No one deserves to die at the hands of a mass murderer.
But, what can we do about it?
- We can write new gun-control laws
- We can overhaul our mental health system
- We can fill our prisons with law-breakers
- We can pressure Hollywood to stop creating violent entertainment
- We can turn every movie theater, school, amusement park and place of worship into a fortress
These things may help, but will they really solve the problem?
The real problem is in the heart. Until people’s hearts are changed, the problem will not go away.